Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to The Globeflower Agency Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);|
|GDPR||The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|The Globeflower Agency Ltd, and Globeflower Books or us||The Globeflower Agency Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number (10718352) whose registered office is at Studio 12, Coventry Canal Warehouse, Leicester Row, Coventry, CV1 4LH. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07432090223 ;|
For purposes of GDPR, The Globeflower Agency Ltd is the “data controller”;
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by The Globeflower Agency Ltd / Globeflower Books and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to The Globeflower Agency Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, https://www.globeflower.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
We are working hard on complying with the full detail of the GDPR rules. Here is a summary of what we have been doing:
- Analysed and identified what data we collect, why, and and how we collect, store, and safely remove personal data.
- We are currently obtaining consent from all of our existing email subscribers.
- Audited our list of suppliers who may process data – checked their GDPR compliance including their processes to secure your data, and ensured that they meet the Privacy Shield requirements.
- We have taken further security measures to keep your data secure, both in the cloud and our IT systems. Our website is now McAfee SECURE Certified
- We never have and we will NEVER sell your data to third parties.
Here is what we are doing next:
- Adding active consent tick-in boxes to all our forms.
- Updating our Cookie Consent Policy.
- (b) a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- (c) “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- (d) reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
3. Data collected
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you including:
- Identity Data: First name and surname
- Contact Data: Email address, billing address, delivery address, and telephone number.
- Transaction Data: Any purchases and payments made to us
- Technical Data: Login data, IP address, browser type, time zone setting and location etc
- Profile Data: Username and password for this website (and subsites), your interests (books, arts etc), preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: How you use our website, services, and products.
- Marketing and Communications Data: Your marketing and communication preferences from us and our third parties.
We do not collect any sensitive data about you (i.e. ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orintation, health, genentics, criminal offences etc)
We have installed and enabled “All-in-One GDPR: No Comment IP Addresses”, so your IP address is not tracked when you leave a comment.
4. How we collect data
We collect data using various methods, icluding:
Direct Interaction: When you fill in any forms on our websites or when you communicate with us via email, post, phone, or social media and also:
- Order our products and services
- Create an account with us
- Subscribe to our publications
- Enter a competition or prize draw
- Request information to be sent to you
- Take part in a survey or provide us with feedback
Automated technologies and interactions: Whilst you use our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data through cookies, servers logs, and similiar technology.
Google Analytics and other analystics provides – this data is anonymous – it may be based outside of the EU
5. Our use of Data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted to do so, including:
- Perform a contract of services (PR, web design, graphic design, marketing work, book publishing, event hosting)
- Provide you with a free or paid product that you ordered.
- Give you access to any forum, course, or online resource centre that we have on our website and any sub-domains.
- Internal record keeping for legal and regulatory obligation (Tax etc)
- Send you an e-newsletter that you have double opted-in to and can unsubscribe from at any time via the ‘unsubscribe’ button or emailing email@example.com
We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months (unless we are lgeally required to hold it for longer, i.e. for tax purposes.)
All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with GDPR. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
6. Marketing Communications
You will only receive marketing communication from us, if you have:
Voluntarily provided us with your details and ticked the box providing consent for us to send you marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the email or by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our e-newsletters are double optin and you will only recieve the newsletter directly from us, if you have provided consent. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the email or by emailing us at: email@example.com
8. Disclosure of your personal data
We will only disclose your personal data to the following parties located in the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA) for the reasons explained below:
|HM Revenues & Customes||If you undertake any financial transactions with us (purchasing products and services) we legally have to record all transactions for tax purposes.|
|Professional advisers (accountants, bankers, auditors, insurers, legal etc)||Our accountant processes our financial data, and any payments you make to us will be recorded in our banking system. We are insured and legally covered. Any data relevant to claims would need to be legally provided to our professional advisers.|
|Service Providers (IT and System administration)||We may employ third party IT companies to manage our website and systems. We will ensure any company that we use is GDPR compliant.|
8. Third party services providers outside of the EEA
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European Law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets the criteria.
The Globflower Agency Ltd currently uses the following third party service providers which are based outside of the EEA.
(The Rocket Science Group LLC )
(Lite Speed Technologies Inc)
|Speed up the website||USA||www.litespeedtech.com/company/privacy-policy|
Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that we request. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited.
9. Links to other websites
10. Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
11. Functionality of the Website
To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
9. Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by The Globeflower Agency Ltd (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £10.
Data security is of great importance to The Globeflower Agency Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law and GDPR
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling The Globeflower Agency Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie Purpose
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Updated on: 20 May 2018